Modifying Parenting Time in Minnesota

March 15, 2013 - When parties go through a divorce with minor children, the court generally sets out a specific parenting time schedule that governs each parent's time with the children.  Later, it's common for one party to want to change the parenting time schedule for any number of circumstances.  Per...

>  Read full article

Actions to Consider in Preparation for Divorce

February 19, 2013 - The decision to get divorced isn't usually made lightly.  However, once you've made the decision to get divorced, there are certain things you can do to better prepare and protect yourself in the divorce process.  Please note that these are just a few preparations you can make, and ever...

>  Read full article

Getting Married? Consider a Prenuptial Agreement

January 8, 2013 - Once stigmatized (perhaps unfairly) as a bad omen to a marriage, prenuptial agreements (ante-nuptial or premarital agreement) are increasingly popular methods of family and estate planning.  They are a useful tool that can serve several important purposes.  Minnesota law provides f...

>  Read full article

Can My Ex Quit Their Job to Avoid Paying Child Support?

December 8, 2012 - A common question is whether someone is allowed to quit their job or switch to a lower paying job, and thus lower their child support obligation.  Generally, a person is not allowed to take such action.  Child support modifications are governed by Minn. Stat. 518A.39.  The statute ...

>  Read full article

The Divorce Process in Minnesota

September 26, 2012 - The following is the basic process of going through a divorce in Minnesota.  The process can take as little as a few weeks to as long as over a year - depending on the circumstances and the issues that are in dispute.  At each step of the process, there can be different circumstances an...

>  Read full article


Disclaimer: No case or client-specific information shall be discussed on this website. The content provided is informational only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have questions about divorce or custody in Minnesota , please seek the advice of an attorney.